Thankful Thursday!!
This is different from most Thankful Thursdays but I'm so honored to have this precious one as my daughter that I had to write how Thankful I am for her and her attitude and actions! The picture above is not what you might think. I brought my camera to take a picture of her if she made the swim team. Let me go back and say that Brexley has been trying out for the LA Gold swim team and tonight we found out if they thought she was ready for the team (I know she's only 5 but she can do the required swimming to tryout). Her instructor decided she wasn't ready yet and she needed more endurance to be able to swim the entire hour. She was initially a little disappointed but her attitude was amazing! On the way home she told Michael that even though she didn't make it she was okay because she knows she tried her very best! (My heart melted!) On the way to practice she said I have to pray but didn't pray out loud or tell me what she was praying about. Michael asked her about it later and she said I just prayed that God would help me to do my best! I was so amazed! She didn't ask for God to put her on the swim team and unlike a lot of us do didn't get angry and blame God or her coaches when the results weren't what she wanted. She was just happy doing her best! And of course being the uniquely wonderful girl she is, she already has a plan on how she is going to improve. LOVE HER! So the above picture is of my wonderful little girl who said "Mommy aren't you still going to take a picture of me even though I didn't make the team?" Yes baby girl I couldn't be more proud of you and am actually more proud of how you handled not making the team then I would have been if you had made the team! I am honored to take your picture! We LOVE you Swimmy and Daddy, Mommy and T-Rex are so proud of you!!! God is too!

No comments:
Post a Comment