Monday, June 3, 2013

A Wicked Memorial Day Weekend!!!

We have been waiting for this weekend for over a year!!! When we found out Wicked was coming to New Orleans we knew we had to go, so we started planing. Amanda's birthday is in May and so is she and Jeff's anniversary so it was great timing. Mom bought our tickets for us for Christmas and then also offered to keep our two fabulous children! We only spent one night but it was WONDERFUL!!! We got to hang out with our absolute best friends without having to tend to our combined 5 children. Just like old times in Tampa! So here is what our weekend looked like:

Saturday

  • checked into the Ritz (it smells so good and the room was a perfect place to get away. I mean who can argue with a marble bathroom?)
  • walk around New Orleans and then lunch at The Crescent City Brewhouse. (Michael had shrimp and grits and it was FABULOUS!!)
  • got ready and left for Wicked. It was every bit as good as I hoped it would be. Highly recommend it!
  • back to the hotel to rest and then out for the evening.
  • stopped by the Carousal Bar (very cool, it spins) and then headed to Revolution for the best/worst meal I have ever eaten. So yummy up until my entree and then dessert was not good! The company however was top notch!!
  • back to the hotel....
Sunday
  • slept in until 7:45 (I know, I know but with 2 kids this is sleeping in!) and got to take our time getting ready.
  • went to Fresh Market and got breakfast. (NOTE: NEVER got to Fresh Market when you are hungry. VERY DANGEROUS!!!!)
  • drove around uptown, looked at gorgeous houses while waiting for the Creole Creamery from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives to open. Unfortunately it was not what I was hoping for. Boo.....
  • back to the Ritz to get our car, say goodbye and head back to Monroe.
It was fast and furious but well worth it! We decided that the four of us will do this once a year from now on. Can't wait to plan next year and plan to stay a little longer!!!

We didn't take many pics but here is what I got:


Eating lunch outside looking at the river boat. It was such a nice day!


Curtain for Wicked! It was SO good!!!!


Amanda and I waiting for the much anticipated musical to start!


Eating at Revolution! Loved my drink and the crab stuffed beignets!

No comments:

Post a Comment