Monday, December 17, 2012

Catching Up .....
So I have blogged that we have been very busy and now it's time to catch up! The Saturday before Thanksgiving my Dad drove (yep, I said drove) down from Chicago. We only got to see him a few minutes before we had to leave for a wedding that has been on our calendar for over a year.

We had a fabulous time at the wedding and the band and food were amazing. Brexley had a blast visiting, dancing and taking pictures! It was so nice to see people we hadn't seen in awhile. It was a great night!

The next day we got to start our visit with Grandpa. He and B walked to the park and then had a fun time watching a movie in his truck complete with popcorn and drinks!


My Dad is extremely skilled and has built several houses on his own. Every time he comes he's doing some project with our very old 1936 Victorian home! This trip was no exception.




It is so nice to have a solid front door. We live on a busy street and with two little kids I didn't like people being able to see right through our door. Also, you have always been able to see daylight around the edges and it wouldn't stay closed unless it was locked. I LOVE my new front door. Thanks Dad!

On Wednesday we drove to my Mom's for Thanksgiving. When we arrived she had fresh Cranberry Orange bread waiting. So yummy! That night we relaxed and enjoyed the regular pre-thanksgiving tradition of making the pumpkin pies.

Dad joined us in the morning and Roger and Elaine came too! I called it our functional/dysfunctional family Thanksgiving!!! Where else do you have your Mom, Dad (they have been divorced since I was 3) and my step-grandparents (oh and my Mom and step dad are no longer married) together for a meal of thanks? Everyone gets along which is AMAZING! I am very blessed!


To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment