Monday, December 3, 2012

This is SO SAD!!!! I have had this post typed up for over 2 weeks. I just didn't have my pictures to add. So here it finally is.....(okay blogger is now wanting me to pay money to post the pics so that may have to wait.) UGHHHH.......

She did it! Brexley finished her reading lesson book on Friday (November 16th)!!! Michael and I are so proud of her! I completely forgot how hard it is to learn to read until you watch someone else try to read. It's seems there is an exception to every rule you learn and that can be tough on a 4 year old. The last couple of months we have really seen her reading take off. She would try to read the TV while we were working out and when we are in the car she asks me to slow down because I'm going to fast for her to read the signs!!! I think the thing I'm most proud of is her perseverence and work ethic to finish a goal. On Friday we were starting lesson 95 and she told me she wanted to finish her book by Thanksgiving. I told her that was a very reachable goal and she got excited. Then she decided she wanted to finish them all that day. I said if that's what you want to do that's fine. I wasn't going to push it because the lessons can be a bit long, but she initiated everyone throughout the day. She was starting 99 and was getting tired so I suggested that we save100 for when Daddy got home so he could hear her last lesson. She decided to save 99 and 100 so to be honest I wasn't sure if we would finish. We were playing outside when Michael got home and when he walked in the backyard she wanted to go inside and finish up. (Very impressed since she loves plaing outside!) We went inside and she did it!! She finished!!!! Well let me tell you the celebration began! Lots of excitement! We gave her a present of books she could read and the best part was that each book she pulled out she read the title! LOVED it! We ate at Johnny's pizza to celebrate, went and got Tinkerbell's Secret of the Wings (actually a very cute movie) and some Orange Leaf to take home and had one Fabulous Friday Family Fun Night!!!! Way to go Brexley!! We are SO proud of you!!!

Since I have typed this her reading has continued to take off. It's amazing! She reads EVERYTHING!! I'm blown away and what she is able to read and it improves every day. SO MUCH FUN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment