All About Boo!
I missed typing my blog yesterday, Michael and I ended up staying up way to late watching Twilight, but this would have been my post for yesterday! I'm really trying to stay on top of this blogging!!!
Yesterday Boo had a vet appointment and he did so well! He took his shots like a champ and then had a spa day complete with a bath and pedicure! Funny thing is except for his size bathing Boo is not hard. He LOVES the water and usually has to be kicked out of the bathroom because he will drink the water while you take a bath (gross I know!) or will stick his head in while your taking a shower and try to get a drink. So bathing isn't really the problem it's more the drying and what it does to your house when this HUGE dog decides to go running around and shaking himself dry! Think Marmaduke!
We are very blessed to have the best vets in the entire world! Dr. White has been with us since Tyson and Mattie and last year we were blessed again with Dr. West! Usually you will hear me refer to her as Nicole since she has become one of my nearest and dearest friends. Monroe Animal Health is the best and we love all of the vets, Dr. Groan and Dr. Bynog, and the staff. They are second to none. Boo has no issues going there at all unless he doesn't get to stay in luxury boarding and then he panics. Brexley LOVES going to visit and I think if I would leave her there for the day she would be so happy! She even wanted to celebrate her 4th birthday there with the staff, so we did!
Now back to Boo.... For those of you who don't know Boo is short for Boudreaux Baxley Gator Moseley! Yes, Brexley named him and originally we did not have Boudreaux in his name but between Brexley and Baxley I was about to lose my marbles so Michael's dad came up with Boudreaux which is perfect since he's a Louisiana dog. We bought him from a breeder in Alabama, Springer Danes, and he has been a wonderful addition to our family! The puppy stage was a little tough and he has grown so fast I don't even think he knows what to do with himself! He is amazing with Brexley and for the most part is really calm. He lets her ride his tail and I often find them cuddled up together. He puts up with a lot from her. She also puts up with a lot from him. He is WAY bigger then her. It would literally be like us living with a horse in the house. Seriously, i'm not even kidding! His paws can be his nemesis because they can cause major damage and he doesn't even realize he's doing it. You can not leave ANYTHING edible out or Boo will take it. He even ate our Ruby's cupcakes that were still in the box!!! Also, went after my brownies and cookies. I have tried to make him understand that you DO NOT under any circumstances mess with a pregnant ladies cupcakes, brownies or cookies!!!
Boo has also eaten two couches and every toy and bed we have bought for him! I have to admit I wasn't totally upset with the couches because I really wanted new furniture. However, he has lost all soft places to lay because he is pretty much banned from the living room unless the whole family is in there and is not even allowed near the new furniture. Sorry Boo, it's a hard life being a dog!! Oh and for those of you wondering, yes he is an inside dog. Boo celebrated his first birthday on March 13th and it's hard to believe he has been in our life for a little over a year!
So now your caught up on Boudreaux and here comes the photo montage! ENJOY!!!
We love you Boo!
 |
| Brexley and Boo having a good cuddle! |
 |
| Hanging out in the backyard. |
 |
| Not a great pic of Boo but you can get an idea of his size. Brexley is about 41 inches tall. |
 |
| First day we saw him. 6 weeks old! |
 |
| Easter egg hung. He followed Brexley everywhere and still does! |
 |
| Unsure of the stairs. |
 |
| Finally made it. He was such a cute puppy! Sometimes I really miss that cute little stage. |
 |
| Having fun! |
 |
| Hanging out with Daddy! |
 |
| Taking a break at the Mississippi river or as Brexley likes to call it: The Misses Sippy Cup River! |
 |
| Best buds and one of the couches before he ate it! |
 |
| Hanging out. Not even a year old yet! |
 |
| Yes, Great Danes can be very lazy! I guess going all the way down the stairs was just too much work. |
 |
| Happy Birthday Boo! His very own Ruby's cupcake! |
 |
| Loves to slow dance with daddy. This always makes me think of a middle school dance! Michael is 6'2'' so you get an idea of how tall he is. The only things he will stand up on our Michael's shoulders, our back door and the vet counter. Other than that he doesn't jump. What about the counter you ask. Nope! No jumping! He can reach EVERYTHING on all fours! |
 |
| Our handsome boy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment