Sunday, May 27, 2012

Randomness and Blessings!

Well I have to admit that my first few blogs back are going to probably be very random and oh goodness as I typed probably I just realized that their might not be spell check on this thing! I must find that out because if not I apologize right now to all of you who might read this! Also, I have come to realize that I love exclamation points and use them WAY to often so be prepared......

First of all I have to say thank you to Lindsey, author of the Pigtails and Parsley!! I met her at MOPS this year (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) and thought she was great! I wanted here scone recipe (yes scones, I LOVE them esp. the Vanilla Bean ones from Starbucks! Yum and double yum!) well she sent me the recipe and it was linked to her blog, which was AWESOME!!! With out seeing her blog I may have never started back up again. Hopefully i'll be consistent.... Anyway back to Lindsey, after reading her blog I found out she is even more fabulous then I thought and she has got to be the cutest pregnant person EVER! No lie, you know the really cute pregnant people who are just a belly and they always look adorable (absolutely not me!) well that's her. She is having a boy any day now which is great because now I will know somebody who also has a little boy for T-Rex. All of our friends up her in Monroe have two girls so it will be nice to know some little boys!

Speaking of T-Rex; no we are not naming our little boy off of a prehistoric dinosaur. Well not entirely!! =) Just Kidding! His name is Timothy Rex. Now you can start making fun because like Brexley (note the rex in her name!) he will also be named after two Florida Gator quarterbacks, not to mention a great man in the Bible and another great man, my wonderful God Father Uncle Tim! Yes, I said Florida quarterbacks and before you want to say anything about their pro careers they were great college players and if I could have my son emulate someone other then his Daddy it would be Tim Tebow. (Side note for all you non-football fans Tebow is now playing for the Jets and Rex is still with the Washington Redskins who signed RG3 in the draft.) So how did he become T-Rex??? Well my gator and dinosaur loving daughter and my fabulous husband decided it would be a great nick name and it stuck. I have to admit most of you probably think of scary T-Rex's, but Brex loves dinosaur train and Buddy it was one of her favorite characters. She also went to Chicago last summer and got to meet Sue the most intact Dinosaur skeleton around! Our little girl will probably always be wearing a hair bow and have her girly flair but she loves her alligators and dinosaurs. She DOES NOT want a doll no matter how many times American Girl sends us a magazine and I show it to her!!
The wall mural that Michael painted for Brexley in her room! Love it and he is so talented!! No idea he could do this when we got married!
Brexley and Albert on one of the best days of her life!!
In Chicago with our nephew Brandon and Sue. (I'm a such a push over for the big bow, pearls, khakis and sperrys!)

And on with the Blessings!!!

I'm so thankful for our wonderful family and friends. I'm sad that we didn't go to Lafayette this weekend to be with our best friends, but i'm so happy that I got to have the much needed rest. YAY! 

So when we walked into church this morning, late as usual, I heard my favorite singing voice. YAY!! She has not been there in awhile and I found out today her husband is a pastor in Bastrop, LA so she spends a lot of time at his church. So happy to have her back even for one morning! Speaking of being late it took me forever to find out that church really starts at 8:00 and not the 8:15 that we were always getting their by. No wonder the music had always been going on when we arrived.....There are two other services but since were up we might as well get the day started even if it is a little late. Oops.... 

Memory for the day: Brexley sitting between Michael and I at church holding our hands and singing her little heart out to the praise music! LOVE!!!! ENOUGH blogging for today! Most won't be this long but I feel like I have so much catching up to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment