MEMORIAL DAY 2012
Thank you so much to all of the brave men and woman who have fought for our country and for those who have perished! You have given us many freedoms and have protected our nation. Thank you for the amazing soldiers who continue to fight for our nation today! We can never do enough to express our gratitude. May God continue to bless you and the USA!
We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! It was very quite and relaxing which was just what I needed because the next two weeks are going to be very busy! I did do one new thing this weekend. I made blueberry scones and they were so yummy!!! I'm posting the recipe below.
Blueberry Scone Recipe
Adapted from Pigtails and Parsley's Blog
Ingredients:
1 cup of Chobani greek yogurt (the recipe calls for sour cream but the greek worked out fantastic and packs a ton of protien), 1 tsp. baking soda, 4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup white sugar, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. cream of tarter, 1 1/2 sticks of butter, 1 egg (I accidentally left the egg out and they tasted great), 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
Directions:
In a small bowl, blend yogurt and baking soda, and set aside.
Preheat over to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a large baking sheet. (I needed two sheets)
In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tarter and salt. Cut in the butter. Stir the yogurt mixture and egg (if you use it) into the flour mixture until just moistened. Mix in the blueberries.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed briefly. Roll or pat dough into a 3/4 thick round. Cut into 12 wedges and place them 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
Enjoy!!
So glad they were delish!
ReplyDelete