Brexley has a pretty extensive vocabulary and what amazes us most is that she usually uses the words in the correct context. However, there are times when she says a word that it takes me awhile to figure out what in the world she is talking about. Here are three:
- Hynedies- she was playing and kept saying the hynedies are coming, the hynedies are coming. I kept asking her what she was talking and she said, "You know, the hynedies on the Lion King." So then it dawned on me and I got it- hyenas!
- Sparians- any guesses here? I accidentally bought the wrong veggies one day. It was a mixed bag and what I thought were green beans turned out to be asparagus. They did not taste good! So the next time I was making veggies she said I don't want any sparians. I again asked her what she was talking about and I finally figured out she was talking about the asparagus. So no more sparians for Brexley!
- Rock neds- she bought a cute little spider pin the other day with her allowance and when we got in the car she said, "Why are spiders rock neds?" It took me a second and then I realized she was saying arachnid. How she knows that I have no idea! Love her!
I was trying to get this post up before Halloween but obviously I didn't. We made Banana ghosts the other day and it was so much fun (and easy!). Well on our way to gymnastics Brexley was talking about another Banana. Yep, that would be my future grandkids! Banana (the girl) and Chicken Nugget (the boy). Good times!!!
Peel the Bananas
Cut them in half and insert a stick
Dip the banana in melted white chocolate
Place on the M & M eyes
Put them in the freezer
Yummy and semi-healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment