Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I LOVE MY DAUGHTER!
I  just love my daughter! She is so unique. I love that she is an individual. I love her heart and how sweet and thoughtful she is. She is also fiercely competitive which we are working on because not only is she competitive but thinks she is the best at everything. We are trying to teach her humility and to let others praise you and not your own mouth. I love when people compliment her on how sweet or polite she is. This is not to sound bad but people are always telling her how pretty she is so I like when they also compliment her on traits that don't have to do just with her physical beauty. We are trying to teach her that it is more important to be beautiful on the inside then the outside. 

Today we made chocolate chip cookies and took them up to the vet clinic. Then I surprised her with pedicures. She loves to go with me and she wanted me to get my toenails painted blue for T-Rex. Let me just say this is so weird for me because I can't remember ever having my toenails painted any other color except for pink! She was going to get hers painted orange and blue (any guesses why?) but at the last minute opted for her favorite color of purple with sparkles of course! I had an appointment at 1:00 but had to move it back because pedicures were taking a little longer then I had planned. On our way home I was going to treat her to McDonald's but the lines were so long and I was going to miss our appt. at 1:30 so we had to go home. I was really frustrated because the appointment was at our house and it was not clean and I still hadn't given B lunch. I told her I was sorry and that Mommy was frustrated but not with her at all! She said, "I know Mommy your frustrated with yourself and so your frustrated with God since he made you and you shouldn't be frustrated with God. It's okay." WOW!!! Thank you Brexley! It made me stop and realize it's just details and there is no reason to get so caught up in the details that I let it ruin the fabulous morning we had together. I love how God can use a 4 year old to give you perspective! AMAZING!!!

There are so many things that just make me smile about Brexley. Here are a few from this past week:
  • Took everybody's dinner dishes to the kitchen without being asked.
  • So willing to get things for people. Me if I drop something, Michael's scrubs, etc.
  • Loves to write letters and draw pictures for people. My Mom, Dad, Mimi & Papa, Dr. Avant, etc.
  • Wanted and started to write a book for Gammy this morning.
  • Wraps up her toys with her blankets and gives them to Michael and I as presents!
  • Makes up fantastic stories with her alligators and dogs.
  • Today she was reading me one of her Biscuit books and it said something like "Sam is a big dog." Well she read it correctly but instead of saying big she said, "Sam is a grande dog." This is the word for big in french and she learned it 2 weeks ago with her french tutor. I was amazed that she could just replace the word so easily without skipping a beat. 
  • I love how much she loves us and I just want God to show us how to be the best parents that we can be to His precious creation and raise her the way he wants her to be raised!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a sweet mom! Brexley is adorable- so smart! You and micheal have done a great job her .

    ReplyDelete