Friday, July 20, 2012

Today I'm Tired....
Yesterday was a long day and today i'm just a little tired! There are so many things that I still want to do  and of course i'm not the best at resting! Here are two of the projects I have finished recently. I still need to make pants for the orange and blue top but she can always wear it with a cute pair of white jeans. It looks so cute on B. The pattern came from Kerri Mecca's More Sewing with Whimsy book. It's fun and of course Brexley loves it because it's twirly. I think that's a pre-rec for any outfit! The other is the petty skirt for Brexley's big sister outfit. I'll be sure to post pics when she gets the whole outfit at the hospital. I got the instructions from http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/07/full-and-fluffy-pettiskirt.html. It was not an easy task like I assumed it would be. I did use my ruffler foot which helped me from having to do all of that gathering by hand or pushing it through the machine, but it was a lot! Still I think she will like it and I can't wait to see the whole outfit together. I ordered her a fabulous orange tank top with a gator appliqued on it and a gator headband and flip flops. All from Cassie's Closet. Extremely cute store, but buyers beware! Too many fun things to fall in love with! I'm eyeing matching Mommy and Daughter shoes right now in a fabulous mustard color for the fall!


So I blogged about the fabulous punch at T-Rex's baby shower and Nicole sent me the recipe. I'm adding it and one that we make at home all the time. I love it but it's also the only one I know how to make. If anyone has punch recipes to share I would love it! Always looking for a good one....

Shower Punch:
1 gallon of orange sherbert
1 can of Minute Maid frozen orange juice concentrate
2 liter bottle of ginger ale

Mix it all together and it's done. Fabulous! So simple but oh, so tasty.

** By the way isn't it funny that an orange is the only fruit called by a color name and it is that color? There are no purples or blues that are fruit. The color is always used to describe but not actually name. Hmmm......

Trader's Punch (Our families favorite!)
2 cups Orange Juice
2 cups Lemon Juice
2 cups Grenadine
2 1/2 quarts of ginger ale

Mix it all together and serve cold. It's best if you can chill the ingredients before hand. When it's put over ice for a long period of time it gets watered down. Also, if it has a little too much kick you can tone down the lemon juice.

Enjoy! Oh and it's our last FFFN with just the 3 of us.... AGHHHHH!!!!!! Life is about to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment