Monday, July 23, 2012

JUST STUFF!
It was a nice weekend. Nothing crazy, just getting a lot of stuff done and spending time together. Our last Friday Family Fun Night as a threesome was great! Dinner, games, movie, snacks and just being together which is what FFFN is all about! Mom came in on Saturday and so we made Chicken Pesto Panini's and they were fabulous! Mom brought a good hearty loaf of french bread from Panera so that's what we used. Michael made vanilla toast with it on Sunday morning with strawberries. Yummy! 

I wanted to post the panini recipe in case anyone else may want to indulge. I took my recipe from several different places.
Chicken Pesto Panini

For each sandwich:
Good dense bread that's still soft (if that makes any sense!) Something that won't get smashed in the panini maker.
Pesto Sauce - see recipe below
Half a chicken breast -see below
Mozzarella cheese
Cream Cheese

I cut my french bread in half. On one side I spread Pesto sauce and then placed a slice of mozzarella cheese over that. I placed the chicken next and then spread the other piece of bread with cream cheese*. Sprayed the panini maker with Pam, and then placed the sandwich in. I took them out once the cheese was melted. They were SO YUMMY!

*Michael really likes the pesto sauce so I also spread more on his cream cheese side too!

Pesto Sauce adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
1 cup of fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup fresh parsley sprigs w/stems removed
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup almonds
4 cloves of garlic quartered
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 cup of olive oil

In a food processor, process all ingredients except for the oil. Once a paste forms scrape the sides and blend one more time. Scrape again and then slowly add the olive oil while processor is on. Take a taste and enjoy!

For the chicken we took two chicken breasts, pounded them between wax paper, cut them in half and marinated them in Italian dressing for about 10 minutes. We then pan cooked/seared them on the stove until no longer pink in the middle. Takes about 10 minutes to cook at the very most.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment