Monday, July 16, 2012

Nope, I haven't had a baby yet! I figured some of you might be wondering since I haven't blogged in a couple of days. As you will see it has been a very busy weekend!

Thursday Night: It had been a long day and I went to take a shower. I walked into the bathroom to see the bathtub full of water with a candle, plate of Hershey's kisses, cranberry juice in a wine glass and a flower sitting beside the tub. My fabulously wonderful husband had done this! So sweet! He always does such fabulous things for me! He is so romantic and bless his heart i'm just not! I'm trying to work on this... The bath was wonderful even with Boo sticking his head in constantly to check on me and then trying to drink my bath water. I had to draw the line!

Friday: I got up EARLY, were talking 5:00 AM!!! I haven't been able to sleep much and since I was awake and had a ton of stuff to do I figured I would just get up and get started. It was a BUSY day, lots of cleaning, errands to run and preparing for Brexley's Big Sister Shower. Brexley had a blast setting up for it and couldn't wait to get started. We didn't do anything huge but celebrated with family who was in town for my shower the next day. It was great and Brexley got lots of neat things! We got her a box of stuff to do when Mommy is busy with the baby, Moomaw got her a puzzle and book for her to write things in about her brother, Mimi brought an alligator which was of course a hit and I think Mom took the cake when she got her a digital camera and photo album. She has been snapping pictures like crazy and is really excited about taking pictures of T-Rex!

Speaking of cake Brexley and I made chocolate cupcakes with purple cream filling in the middle for the shower. They actually turned out yummy. I wasn't sure because our chocolate cake recipe didn't seem that great when I was putting in all of the ingredients and I have never put filling in a the middle of a cupcake. They turned out great! Yay! 

As Michael's family was leaving Amanda and Finley arrived! I'm telling you this was one of Brexley's best nights. Amanda and Jeff are Michael and I's best friends. We have been friends since we lived in Tampa. Brexley and Finley are only a couple of months apart and they love getting together. They actually stayed up until after 11:00! Needless to say we were all a little tired the next day but that turned out awesome too! 

I'll get Saturday posted tomorrow!


P.S. Thanks Lindsey for helping me with the collage! So much easier than posting several pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment