Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...

  • So lots of people have asked me how i'm doing and so most of the time this is how I feel....Happy, blessed, exhausted, tired, blessed, no clue what i'm doing, happy, thankful for Michael, laughing with my precious princess, fighting back tears because T-Rex is crying and I can't get him to stop, blessed, tired, my back hurts, wow! I just got some stuff done, love looking at my sweet boy, yay! Brexley and I just got some time together, holding my handsome son, having a slightly intelligent conversation with my hubby, tired and exhausted and blessed and have no clue what i'm doing right now!!!!
  • In general, i'm great but I would be lying if I told you I know how to balance our life with our wonderful new addition!
  • The weather was so pretty today! We all got to go outside which was so nice. Makes me ready for fall and football season!
  • The other day I was feeding T-Rex and Brexley wanted help with something so she said, " I have an idea Mimi can help while T-Rex is milking." I just had to laugh out loud because yes most of the time I do feel like a dairy cow. Stop calling me Kirby and just refer to me as Bessie!
  • My house is really clean right now. I know that's random, but it makes me feel good.
  • My Mom's Birthday was Monday! Can't wait to celebrate with her soon.
  • All week Brexley and I have had fun getting ready for Michael's Birthday this weekend. She is so creative and it gives us a little something special to do each day.
  • Yay! We have finished 59 reading lessons. Only 41 more to go!
  • Michael worked one of his craziest weeks ever last week. We are thankful it's over!
  • The Olympics are now over and we so enjoyed watching them but now I can get to bed earlier. Yep, we are the ones who will pretty much watch every event. And speaking of events did ya'll see some of our women's track members? Yes, I want to start sprinting 100's again because I would love to have Allyson Felix or Sanya Richards-Ross bodies! Ahhhh to have a flat stomach again!
  • T-Rex turned three weeks old on Tuesday! Wow, time flies! We took him to the doctor today to get weighed and he is now 7 and a 1/2 pounds. He is such a sweet baby! i love when he lifts his head to look at me.  His Daddy can always calm him and he loves the sound of Brexley's voice. His only struggle right now is his stomach. We are hoping and praying this gets better with time.
Michael jokes that it's impossible for us to have a fat baby! Skinny legs and arms, big hands and feet!

  • Brexley has been a rockstar! I know this adjustment hasn't been easy for her but she has been my Angel through it all. I feel so bad because I know I can't spend the time with her like I used to. The other day she said, "But Mommy we are still spending time together!" I was able to take her to a friend from dance birthday party this weekend while Michael stayed home with T-Rex. It was great to be with her and she had a blast. She was so scared to go down the slide head first, but she worked through her fears and was so proud of herself when she did it! She and Boo continue to enjoy there time together.


  • That's all for me tonight. I could write a ton more but for now i'm just happy to be able to get a post in!


1 comment:

  1. Look at those long toes!!! Love sweet feet! He is adorable!! Have to see him in person soon!

    Can totally relate to the whirlwind feeling- blessed, exhausted, happy, and tired. The newborn fog-
    Hang in there!

    Have a great week Bessie :)

    ReplyDelete