Tuesday, August 21, 2012

BACKTRACKING!!!!

So most of this post will be backtracking over the last couple of days that I have had things i've wanted to post but haven't been able to get to. Let's just say that making sure a blog is posted is not my first priority! In fact, right now i'm typing one handed while holding T-Rex with the other. Speaking of my precious gift from God, he is 4 weeks old today! Unbelievable!!!! He is so wonderful! He still has tummy issues every couple of days but other then that is doing great! He is a cuddle bug, is starting to grab things other then our fingers and is a roly poly. Loves when I put him on his tummy for tummy time to roll to his back when he's had enough!

LAST THURSDAY
This has been the best day I have had at home with my two kids! If everyday went this smooth I would be in parenting heaven. We were heading to play outside when I noticed it was raining. B really wanted to go outside so I told her we could go on the front porch. Of course she had to get her rain jacket and boots on! By the time we made it back out, the rain had stopped and the sun was peeking through. We still had a great time and I got some really cute pics! Oh, and I love that she had to bring one of her footballs out with her! She's our girl!



FRIDAY
So my fabulous parenting day was then followed up with a phone call from our pediatrician's nurse Friday morning telling me that T-Rex has not gained enough weight. Here I thought we were doing great because after 3 weeks he was above his birth weight. We had the same issue with Brexley, but it took her 3 weeks to even gain back to her birth weight. They wanted me to start supplementing. Michael and I did not want to start him on formula if it wasn't necessary so he started getting some follow up mommy milk in a bottle. So I know I said I felt like a milk cow before but now i'm a straight up dairy farm between nursing and pumping. Thank God the weekend was ahead of us because it is almost impossible to run a dairy farm by yourself with a newborn and a 4 year old!

SATURDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!!!

We finally got to have the party for Michael that Brexley and I had been planning all week! We spent a very lazy day together which is exactly what Michael wanted after so many long, hard weeks and weekends of work. He requested a Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake which I was happy to make him and Brexley made place cards and party horns for everyone. I was so happy to celebrate another birthday with my wonderful, handsome husband. I love you Michael!

SUNDAY
On Sunday morning I was sitting in the rocker feeding T-Rex and Michael was sleeping in the bed. We assumed all was normal when I see Brexley come into our room with a pretty dress on, a bow in her hair and a party hat on. In her hands is a plate and a cup. She walked in and said, "Daddy, I made you breakfast in bed. I made you cheese and Rolos." Now this may not seem like a typical breakfast but cheese and Rolo's are what she could reach in the refrigerator drawer and she had climbed on Boudreaux's food container to get down a plate and a cup. She then poured water in the cup out of the Brita filter. It was so incredibly sweet! Not only had she made Michael breakfast, but also made some for us. Michael and I could not stop smiling! We also got to see Michael's parents and were able to do a little more celebrating with them. It was fabulous! And here is a great pic from Sunday to end this post!

1 comment:

  1. Trex is so long! I love long skinny legs ;)
    Brexley is the most thoughtful little girl- cheese and rolos would have made me smile too!
    Have been missing seeing posts but totally undestand. Glad it's not your first priority but will just look forward to reading when you have time to type!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete