Friday, August 31, 2012

Brought to you by the letter S!
I may be dating myself but today is a throwback to Sesame Street. Do you remember how each episode was brought to you by a number and a letter? So today is all about the letter S!

Last night SEC football kicked off with South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt! Yay! I was rooting for SC, not because I'm a big fan but because Steve Spurrier is their coach. So when there not playing my team I root for him. The game was decent and Connor Shaw did a good job keeping the team alive even with his injury. Not sure about his passing game but they couldn't stop his running game last night. Vandy went for it on 4th down and truthfully pass interference (you just can't hold a receivers arm like that!) should have been called but it wasn't so SC got the ball back and won the game 17-13.

Moving on to our next S which is Saturday!!! That means college game day (I've missed you Corso), a whole day of football, and the best part the Florida Gators opening game! Can't even begin to tell you how excited I am!!!!! I have a lot of questions about this season, still not sure what I think about Muschamp, but I am so excited to see what the season brings! Oh and I feel like we need a good round of two bits to celebrate Charlie Weiss not being the offensive coordinator this year!!! There is hope!

September! So excited about this because I can put up fall decorations! We also have lots of family birthdays to celebrate this month. It's going to be fun!!!

School also starts with the letter S and that's what we have been doing for the past two weeks. Brexley is considered PreK 4 because of her age but I went ahead and started her on Kindergarden math. She is also finishing her reading book this fall. Only 38 more lessons to go! This has been such a good book to teach reading. It can be tough and frustrating at times, but she is able to transfer what she's learning from her lessons and is able to read first readers with very little help. Her French tutor that we had this past year got a full time job so we are going to have to look for a new one. I sure hope we can find somebody. Lots of people ask if we're going to homeschool and I just don't know. Teaching school is not natural for me and I tend to not be very patient. Our other option is private school and we liked the one we looked at but decided to keep her home for PreK 4. We will have to fully decide next year. For now we will just keep praying about it and for my patience. I do not like losing it with my child when she acts like she doesn't know how to do something that I know she does! Oh, one cool thing were doing is a journal. We don't do it everyday but she loves it!

And now time for one of my favorite S words SHOES! I love shoes but haven't really bought any cute ones in awhile. I tend to buy more for Brexley. So I decided that since I am highly motivated by goals that have rewards with them that for every 5 pounds I lose I will by a new pair of shoes! The harder I work the more shoes I get. Sounds like a great deal to me!

Well that's about it for the letter S today! Tonight's letters will be F and T as in Friday Family Fun Night and Tennessee football! In honor of Michael, Go Vols!

No comments:

Post a Comment