LIFE HAS CHANGED!
So going from our family of three (four with Boo) to a family of five has been a big adjusment! Change, know matter how good it is, is still change. Sitting on the couch the other day with the four of us in the living room I just looked around and thought how blessed am I! I told Michael it's weird to be so happy about something that you never planned on or even knew that you wanted. Brexley even asked to hold T-Rex on Monday which was amazing for her. She loves her brother but has not been one to want to hold him and love on him. We think that she's a little afraid that she's going to hurt him because he is so little. We always ask each other what the best and worst part of our day is. The other day I asked her what was the worst part about having a little brother and she said, "Not having as much Mommy and Daddy time." The best part: "I like to look at him!". She then followed up with, "When i'm eight and he's four we are going to have such a blast! And when he's six and i'm ten it's going to be even more fun!" I honestly think she just had no idea what to expect because she has never been around babies.
I'm holding up well. Much better now that my body is getting adjusted. For some crazy reason I assumed after the c-section that my stomach would be flat and that my body would magically go back to being in some sort of shape. I guess I was just dilusional! Oh and if somebody ever tells you that nursing is fun please have their head examined! It does get easier but the beginning is NOT fun! Also, I had some sort of reaction to the strips they put over my scar and had spine cringing itching! It was awful!!! It just set me on edge so much! Thankfully that is almost all better! Trying to take it easy is not my strong point but I am trying.....
T-Rex is doing good. He's two weeks old today! Wow! Time goes by so very quickly. He's had a little tummy trouble every few days so were trying to work through that and he just got a gunky eye. The funny thing is that Brexley got the same thing at exactly 13 days old which is when he got his. Newborn pictures started out well but our little boy does not like to be naked so after a while he had enough!
Not to leave out Daddy..... Michael is doing well! He is sleep deprived and working like crazy but he LOVES coming home to his family. This week is especially crazy because his PTA is out and he is covering him and also has patients at Monroe Surgical. He ends the week by working the weekend at P&S. He only does it once a month but of course it happens to come at the end of one of his crazy weeks.
My mom was here the past two weeks and went home on Sunday. I really miss having her around. She was so helpful! I'm very blessed that she was here and doubly blessed because Michael's mom is here this week! How fortunate we are that are Mom's are so willing to take time out of their schedules to be with us!
Oh, and i'm so excited becasue last night I made dinner, got Michael's lunch together, gave Brexley a bath and washed dishes all on my own! Yay! Mom M thought she might be sick and didn't want to get T-Rex sick so she went to Meemaw's for the afternoon and spent the night there to make sure. I was very appreciative that she was so concerned and even more excited with what I was able to get done on my own.
Well, enough rambling for now. Hopefully I will be able to get consistent again with my blogging but i'm trying to keep my priorities on the right track and putting family and the things I need to do first!
No comments:
Post a Comment