I never thought at the beginning of the season we would be 6-0 and ranked #2 in the BCS standings. UF will host College Gameday this week which will mark the third time the Gators will be on Gameday this season! We still have a tough road with South Carolina, Georgia and those Seminoles on our plate. It will be interesting to see how things turn out!
So here is some trivia. This thought came to me at 3:00 am when I was feeding T-Rex. (Yes, I was thinking about football at 3:00 in the morning!) I told Michael about it and he asked if I came up with that it all on my own. I said yes and he said he wasn't surprised. Love my husband and love that he understands my mind. Anyway.... There are three major polls in college football: the BCS, Coaches and AP. In the BCS and Coaches Poll there are 5 teams in the top 25 that are coached by current or former head coaches or coordinators from the University of Florida. There are 6 teams in the AP poll. Why you might ask? Since Ohio State has sanctions against them and can't play post season they are not allowed to be counted in the other 2 polls. However, they are 7-0. Way to go Urban! For illustration we will use the BCS and the AP poll.
BCS
2. Florida - Will Muschamp
7. South Carolina - Steve Spurrior
9. Oklahoma - Bob Stoops
12. Mississippi State - Dan Mullen
16. Louisville - Charlie Strong
AP Poll
3. Florida
7. Ohio State - Urban Meyer
9. South Carolina
10. Oklahoma
15. Mississippi State
16. Louisville
Now if you want to impress your husband with your new found football knowledge ask him this: There are 5 teams in the BCS and 6 teams in the AP poll who are coached by either current or former head coaches and coordinators. What school did they come from?
Then give him the answer. If you really want to blow him away then tell him the schools and their coaches. Now I will say Michael gave me Bob Stoops because I didn't realize he had coached at Florida under Spurrier. I'm sure there might be others but this is what came off the top of my head.
And for those of you who had absolutely no interest in what I just wrote, here are some pictures of our handsome little Timothy Rex. A good treat for reading the above info!
![]() |
| Just got in T-Rex's newborn photos! Thank you Stephanie! www.babybluesphoto.com |
Pics from my iphone! Playing with his burp cloth and big mommy smiles! Oh and these are the BEST pjs. They are called Kicky Pants and they are SOOOOO soft. Thanks Mimi!





No comments:
Post a Comment