Before I get too into my post I found a great video for all my SEC lovers out there! It's set to Dixie and it just gets me so excited about football season! In case you don't know this girl LOVES HER FOOTBALL! It shows our two newcomers to the SEC and isn't it ironic that they show Urban Meyer, then the Ohio State clip? Oh, I miss you Urban. Also, for those of you who may not remember, not only did we beat THE Ohio State in the Football National Championship that year, but also in the Final Game of the Big Dance. We love the UK cheer highlight. 19 National Championships! Here's the link and Go GATORS!!!!!
So today Brexley and I had our first front porch picnic. We have had lots of backyard picnics but since it was so hot outside and the sun was beaming down we decided we would stay on the front porch. Smoothies, raspberries and nachos were on the menu and after we were done we read a few books. It was so nice to relax with B after a busy week and weekend!
Smoothies! Wonderful fabulous smoothies! We LOVE them in our house!!!! Our first successful smoothie was from Tiana's Cookbook: Recipes for Kids. It's called a Swamp Water Smoothie so you knew it would be an instant success in our house! The book was actually bought for Michael because it has a Beignet recipe in the front. Cafe Du Monde anyone????
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
1/4 blueberries
1 frozen banana
Put all of the ingredients in the blender and puree! So simple. When I make them form me and B I use about 3/4 cup of everything and for the whole family a cup.
One of our other favorites that we came with up with was:
1 cup mixed fruit from Sams (strawberries, pineapples, etc.)
1 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
1 cup of orange juice
1 frozen banana
Squeeze in some honey
Blend it all together. This is probably my favorite one right now. Super yummy!! Devastated that when we went to Sams this week they were out of this bag of fruit. Oh well......
TIPS FOR SMOOTHIES:
- Take your bananas as there getting soft, put them in ziploc baggies and store them in the freezer.
- If you want cut your banana into pieces before freezing. It makes them easier to blend. I do this when they are really ripe.
- Frozen fruit works great in smoothies so you don't have to add ice and water it down.
- The Chobani individual yogurts are great to dump in and the flavors give the smoothies new combos.
By the way I think I should do a commercial for Chobani since I talk about it all the time. Sorry I can't help it. I'm so excited that we found a way to get a little more protein in our carb loving diets! YAY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment