Thursday, June 21, 2012

Double Post Day!!!
Nope I'm not feeling extra bloggy, my internet was down on Tuesday night so i'm catching up! Thankful Thursday will be posted tonight.

Dance Night Dates
Brexley decided that she wanted to take dance this summer. It works out well because it's 6 weeks and will be over with (or should be over with) before T-Rex comes. She used to go during the day but this summer the class is in the evening which means dinner dates with my Hubby! We have LOVED this! The waiting room at dance is too little for us to stay with the amount of kids that are coming and going so we use the hour to have a date night. So much fun!!

Swim Lessons
Brexley started swim lessons this week with her friend Mary Kate. She has had the best time and I love seeing her tackle this. When asked to jump in the pool she goes all out with no hesitation. Same with going under to get rings and things off of the bottom of the pool. Her teacher wants her to work on kicking her legs behind her instead of underneath her and she is also learning not to just close her mouth but take a breath before she goes under. She's learning and it's great to see her progress. I love that she is not afraid of the water. Oh and of course her alligator Alberta had to come along for swim lessons. B dressed her in a swimsuit and brought her a towel each day!



Granola Recipe
We made granola this week and it's been great. I love to eat with blueberries and milk and it's great to put on a parfait. It's a great treat that has helped me with my sweet tooth. I got the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens and took out the stuff I didn't like. Here it is:
2 cups regular rolled oats
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped almonds (did this in my food processor)
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup canola or olive oil

Combine dry ingredients. Mix honey and oil in a separate bowl and then add it to the dry mix. Spread evenly in a large greased pan. Bake at 300 for 30 to 35 minutes stirring about half way through. Remove from oven and turn out onto a piece of foil. Let it cool and then break it into clumps. I store mine in a cute glass jar on my counter. You can keep it at room temp for 2 weeks or freeze it and use it whenever you would like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment