Wednesday, June 20, 2012
A Little Loss of Innocence!
So here is a little bit of background: Brexley LOVES the Florida Gators! She got to meet them last year at UCA College Camp thanks to their wonderful coach Candi. This has been one of the highlights of her young life. These pictures can only capture part of her excitement. Albert wrote her a letter recently and sent her a picture which just thrilled her heart!! All of the cheerleaders were great and it was a moment with our daughter that Michael and I will always remember!
A little more background: Last night we were watching a Ninja Warrior we had taped on the DVR. Michael and I saw this show years ago and had a great time watching it. It's basically this giant obstacle course set up Japan. Only 3 men have ever completed the entire course. Now they have an American version of NW. Brexley really likes the show. A couple of weeks ago she and Michael were in the back yard and she started doing all these different things on her swing set. M asked her what she was doing and she said she was doing her NW training. She even had her own salmon ladder and the stairs leading up to the porch were her finish line. Don't you just love kids creativity?
So....... How did this all come together and why the loss of innocence? Well it really happened so "innocently". We were watching Ninja Warrior and they did a profile on the first contestant. He used to be the mascot for OU. You know, the horse, Boomer Sooner. Well they were showing him in his mascot suit with the crowd and Brexley was dead silent. (Do you ever have those moments that you know what's going to happen next, but you don't know what to do about it? Well that was last night!) It was like it happened in slow motion, she turned to us and said, "Mommy and Daddy does that mean that Albert and Alberta are just people in mascot suits? I thought they were real." I almost cried! I sat her next to me and held her and told her yes. She handled it really well but you can tell that it REALLY upset her. I knew she would figure it out someday, but I just wasn't ready for this little loss of innocence. I know it won't be the last time to go through this, but it still didn't make it any easier. One of the things I really love about Brexley and all kids is their innocence. It makes them so unique!
So here's to you Brexley! May you always LOVE the Florida Gators and the joy the bring to you and others. I hope your dreams of going to UF and cheering for the Gators come true if that's the plans God has for you! Mommy and Daddy love you!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment