We always tell Brexley when she falls to get back up and shake it off. She's a pretty tough kid and just when we think she may lose it she pops back up and says "i'm okay, i'm o-kay"! So today I had to take the advice we give her. Not that I literally fell down, although would it surprise anyone if I actually did? We all know that I can trip even on the smoothest surface and how many kids honor their mother with a trip to the emergency room on Mother's Day like I did with a broken arm? Only on the Rosol side of the family! Anyway, yet again, i'm regressing....
A couple of weeks ago, Michael, Mom and I scoured and did projects around the house because we thought their might be an interested buyer. Our house is not on the market and it's too long of a story to type but so far nothing has happened. Since then I have really been keeping up with the house. Beds are always made, laundry's been washed AND put away, no clutter or mess everywhere and the kitchen has been rockin! It was so nice and pleasant. But then this weekend came and it's been chaos ever since. But, today I got back up! It's not where it was but my desk is straight again, the kitchen looks great and no clutter on the dining room table. However as i'm typing there is a basket of laundry sitting on the chair across the room. Well, Rome wasn't built in a day! If you have fallen just get back up, dust yourself off and say i'm okay!!
Today was day 3 of VBS and this is the first sight I had of my child this morning when she came downstairs:
Apparently she was cold when she woke up! LOVE! She is so unique and always makes me smile!
This is how the day wrapped up:
Boo dropped his ball and wasn't sure if he should go in and get it so Brexley gave him some tea to ease his mind!
LIFE IS NEVER BORING IN OUR HOUSE!
In between we made two of our favorite summer dishes. Both are so simple but do take prep time:
Fruit Symphony
This is a family favorite! We didn't name it this. We had made it to take to our friends Jeff and Amanda's house where we were eating with another couple. The guy, Kent, decided that it was like a symphony in your mouth and we have called it a fruit symphony ever since.
I try to always use fresh fruit when making it!
Raspberries
Blueberries
Strawberries
Peaches
Kiwi
Lemon Juice
Touch of Sugar (I used Stevia this time since Michael is still avoiding processed sugar)
Mix it all together and let the symphony begin!
Taco Salad
We used to eat these all the time with Jeff and Amanda in Tampa! Ahh...remember those days? Although back then we always ate them with delicious taco bowl things and we haven't done that in forever!
Lettuce
Cucumber
Avocado
Tomato
Hamburger Meat
Taco Seasoning Packet
Cheese
Chobani Greek Yogurt (or sour cream)
Cut up all the salad fixings, make the seasoned meat according to the taco seasoning packet and assemble.
You might be wondering what the red stuff is on mine, it's ketchup. I know most people go ewww gross but I have always put ketchup on my tacos. I love tomato flavor but DO NOT like plain tomatoes. Just one more thing that makes me, me!
VBS verse Day 3: God loved us and sent His Son, Jesus. 1 John 4:9



No comments:
Post a Comment