Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Momentary Freak Out!!!


Okay so I do not freak out often or worry about much at all so the temporary 15 minutes of panic this afternoon was not a normal feeling for me! It started so innocently, I was going through a box of clothes that my wonderful Amanda gave to me. As I was going through it that's when the panic began..... Here's what was going through my head:

  1. Since it's summer does he just wear onsies? Or does he wear pajamas or do I need to buy him some of those fabulous Kissy Kissy outfits that can be a gown or pants? By the way if you have never felt Kissy Kissy baby clothes they ARE SO SOFT!!!! (Okay i'm regressing!)
  2. Will he wear newborn, 0-3, 3 months????? I DON'T KNOW!!! But I don't want to stuff his drawers full of stuff he either will be too big or too small for. B wore premie clothes and then it took forever to even get to newborn. Don't think he will be the same....
  3. Amanda has all these great swaddling things and I have NO IDEA how to use them! I didn't use them with B. WHY OH WHY don't they print the instructions on these things????!!!!! Am I supposed to be a swaddling mind reader???!!!
  4. BIBS: He now has a ton of them! Do babies wear bibs when their first born? If he is anything like B then I know I need a ton of burp cloths for all of the spit up but I can't remember the bib thing. Just thinking of spit up makes me want to spit up! I do not handle this well. If you have seen the movie Four Christmases this is exactly how I react to spit up!!!
  5. AGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! FREAK OUT!

Obviously I don't freak out about the normal things that most moms would but me being me I was literally over it in 15 minutes. Here's what I came up with:

  1. I will figure out the answer to this when he's born. I'm sure it will be pretty easy to know when he is too hot or too cold. And yes, I absolutely should buy him a few Kissy Kissy things. Every baby needs something soft to wear!
  2. I have separated out all the stuff up to 3 months. If he needs smaller things I will just go buy them and if he needs bigger things I will just dive back into the big box of stuff that Amanda gave me. 
  3. I will ask Amanda to give me a demo of swaddling using one of Brexley's alligators when she comes for the baby shower in July. If I have Brexley watch she will probably remember even better then I do and it will also thrill her heart to be able to tell Mommy what to do!
  4. BIBS: Who cares!! If I need them I have them and if I don't I will sure need them later! As far as the spit up goes I will JUST HAVE TO DEAL with this when the time comes.....
  5. No longer freaking out. Life is back to normal. Well normal for our wonderful, crazy family anyway!!!!
By the way I can't even begin to tell you all the times that spell check had to fix how I had spelled swaddling. SAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment