I know it's early, but I LOVE Christmas and since today is 6 months until Christmas I have been thinking about it a lot. These past two years have been so hectic that I have not been able to do all that I like at Christmas and I am determined this is not going to happen again! So i'm sitting down with my calendar and making plans. I know it's crazy but I also have started my Christmas shopping. I figure if I spread it out all year it will make it easier and won't be so expensive and time consuming. Plus I do not like large crowds when it comes to shopping so this helps. Then I can concentrate on all the things I really enjoy. Here are some of the things I love about Christmas my absolute, hands down, favorite holiday!!!
- Celebrating Jesus birth especially with the candle light service at church!
- Setting up decorations and all of our trees. (YES, I said trees plural!)
- Seeing all of the lights.
- Sitting and watching Christmas movies.
- Michael's hot chocolate! It is the BEST!!!
- Sitting with Michael in the dark with only the Christmas trees and lights on.
- Baking, baking and more baking....
- People being in good cheer.
- All the packages coming to the door. Yep, lots of internet shopping! I told you I don't like crowds at the stores.
- Watching Brexley's face as she takes in everything around her.
- Parties, family and friends!
- Giving gifts and yes receiving them too! It is my love language after all.
- Brightly colored packages.
- Singing and listening to Christmas songs.
- Visiting Santa and taking tons of pictures.
- All the opportunities you have to show God's love for others.
- Waking up on Christmas morning, reading the Bible, eating something yummy and opening presents!

Can't believe Christmas is only 6 months away!
ReplyDeleteI shop year-round too. Takes the stress out of finding the perfect gift for each person in a hurry. Also helps to spread out the spending over 6 months.
Lee and I sip hot chocolate in the dark with only tree lights on almost every night in December. Special times!