Wow, It has been a very big weekend!!! We finished up with VBS on Friday. It really was great and I had the best group of 4 year olds, helpers and workers. However, I'm glad that it is wrapped up! It is so wonderful to hear Brexley singing all of the songs and listening to her recount the Bible stories. We did the good samaritan on Friday and the kids made Dr.'s kits. When we got home I was going to make lunch and she said she needed to go upstairs because one of her gators needed help and that the 1st person didn't help the gator and that the 2nd person wouldn't help the gator but she was going to help the gator. I JUST LOVE HER!!!!!! She is already looking forward to next year and i'm so glad I got to share this with her.
VBS verse Day 5: Love God and love others. Luke 10:27
| Me with our class. |
| My helpers with the class. The woman on the left is Meemaw or Moomaw as Brexley calls her. She is Michael's (and mine) grandmother! |
The BIGGEST thing that happened this weekend is Brexley went to stay with Michael's parents in Jackson this weekend! She has never spent the night away from both of us. If one of us had to go out of town the other was always with her. (Actually when she was 9 months old she stayed with my Mom who was living with us at the time for one night while we went to the TN/FL game.) Soooo..... as you can imagine this was HUGE for us!! The crazy thing was it was completely her idea!!! We kept asking her if she was sure and she said yes. Shocking because she still comes to our room and climbs into bed about 4:30 every morning! Since she does that and hasn't wanted to be away from us we have never pushed it. We met Michael's parents in Vicksburg on Friday night and picked her up in Vicksburg this afternoon. She had a fabulous time!! She wants to do it again sometime so that's great! We are so PROUD of her! She made a plan and then followed through even when we gave her plenty of opportunities to change her mind if she wanted to. She is AMAZING! I'm so thankful that Mimi and Papa are close and that she gets to spend time with her grandparents. I also love how much ALL of her grandparents love her and really make time to come and see her and make her a priority in their lives. It means SO MUCH to Michael and I!
Soooo...... What did Michael and I do with a whole day to ourselves???? We had the best time!! Missed her tons but LOVED spending time together. On Saturday I went with Michael to one of his patients home and really had a great time. The couple is so sweet and I loved getting to watch Michael do what he does. We got a lot of stuff done around the house and got a lot of T-Rex's nursery put together. We also went to lunch, a movie, etc! We were exhausted last night but had a blast. We were married for 9 years before Brexley so it was nice to just have us time again. AND on the way home I could listen to any music I wanted so Michael and I rocked out to the radio! I'll post T-Rex nursery pictures soon when I get those last few details done.
This afternoon I also had my first baby shower for T-Rex! I didn't think he would have any since it is our second baby but my WONDERFUL Heart to Home group threw us a diaper and wipes shower along with a few other great surprises! They even gave Brexley a big sister gift! SO THOUGHTFUL! I have really enjoyed H2H this year. It is a group of women, older and younger, from our church who get together once a month. We always have a great lesson and wonderful food. Tonight we had ice cream sundaes and a wonderful cake that Mrs. Joida made. I have enjoyed all the heart sisters and the heart moms are incredible. I have learned so much and feel so blessed that they would do something like this for our family!! God has put the most fabulous people in my life!
I LOVE THESE LADIES!!!
As you can see it was a very big (in many ways) weekend for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment